Cooperative, incorporated on December 23, 1936, was the first rural
electric cooperative formed in Oklahoma. Since the energizing of the
first electric meter on December 4, 1937, Cimarron has grown from
its original 446 consumers to over 15,000. Headquartered in
Kingfisher, Oklahoma, Cimarron Electric provides electrical service
to consumers in Kingfisher, Blaine, Major, Dewey, Custer, Garfield,
Logan, Canadian and Oklahoma counties.
consumer members are actually owners of Cimarron Electric, "service
first" is the Co-op's motto. Fifty-two
employees located in Kingfisher, Cashion, Hennessey, Okeene and
Watonga, make up the cooperative's work force. These men and women
are instrumental in serving their communities through civic
organizations, school activities and church affiliations.